Code of Conduct for City League Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Trainers & Helpers
- I will teach my players to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials and opponents.
- I will ensure that all players receive equal instruction and support.
- I will remember that players play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves. I will not verbally abuse my players or make harassing comments to my players.
- I will make sure that equipment and facilities are safe for all participants.
- I will remember that participants need a coach, manager or trainer whom they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example.
- I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching or management skills.
- I will foster regular and effective communications with parents and players.
- I will ensure that team behavior is acceptable and non-threatening for all participants.
- I will remember that it is a privilege, not a right, to coach and work with young athletes.
in addition to the above, all Oshawa Minor Lacrosse Association members are required to adhere to the club's Code of Conduct:
OMLA Code of Conduct