Greetings! (you were BCC’d) 2023 U7 Teams & 2023 U7 Schedule
Please find the 2023 City League U7 Paperweight Division Teams and Schedule in PDF format. I will also post these on the website at the following location: https://www.oshawablueknights.ca/2023-messages-for-u7-paperweights If you notice any errors or omissions, please let me know.
Please note that we always reserve the right to move players around to accommodate and balance teams.
We are still looking for volunteers for Division Convenor, assistant coaches and trainers. If you are interested, please let me know.
Jerseys will be available on Wednesday. Please keep this in mind:
- IF your child has a jersey of the team same colour from last year and wishes to still use it this year (number will stay the same), we will give you a $20 rebate at the end of the year.
- IF your child has a jersey in good and laundered condition and wishes to exchange it for a newer or larger jersey this year (could be a different number), we will give you a $20 rebate at the end of the year.
- If your child is a new player this year, no worries,, however not all numbers requested will be available this year.
I will have 2”X4” labels for the player’s helmets Wednesday as well. It would be great if you can place them at the front of the helmet so coaches, refs, etc. can address the player by name.
Quick reminder, please ensure that your player has a name-labeled water bottle available for both practices and games.
Greetings! (you were BCC’d) (2023 U7 City League Rules PDF)
We are still working the details to our 2023 season, but I can inform you of the following for our U7 Paperweight division:
Location: Donevan Rec – all practices and games will be at Donevan this year while the City renovates Delpark.
Season: 10 weeks starting Wednesday, April 12th and ending Championship Day, Saturday, June 17th
Practices: Wednesdays from 6PM to 7PM. These will be clinic style practices with all players.
Games: Saturdays from 9:30AM to 11:00AM. Same as last year: 3 teams will play two cross-floor mini round-robin games each Saturday.
- U7 Paperweight is a developmental stream for players to develop athletic, lacrosse-specific, and social skills in a competitive team environment.
- For new players, there may be a few adjustment weeks, it is OK for the parents to come on the floor behind the player benches when necessary.
- There is NO CONTACT in U7 Paperweight City League with the exception of safe stick checking.
- We have a New Player Clinic on Saturday the 8th from 10AM - 12PM at Children’s Arena – the cost is free
- We also have a free Try Lacrosse session this Thursday, from 6PM - 8PM and another tentatively scheduled on Friday, April 14th, 5-7 PM at Donevan.
- The first two sessions Wednesday, April 12th & Saturday April 15th will be practices.
- We plan on a parent v player game sometime in May. Stay tuned.
- A copy of the U7 City League Rules is attached in PDF format
- We are looking for coaches, so if you are interested, please let me know. You need no experience to coach because we will help you.
Once I have the teams setup, I will send out the schedules. Hopefully this will be before the first Saturday.
If you need to contact me, please use the email@example.com email address above.